Skip to main content

a different look

I like the word "strong."

It can be used in many ways and implied in different forms.  Being called strong in either physical or emotional matters is empowering.

"Strong" demonstrates the ability to endure. Others recognize this ability in you before you can even recognize it yourself. That is powerful. Each person is strong in their own way, but it is special when the aspect stands out.

Strength comes from within. It is not a quality one can attain overnight. It is a buildup of endurance, training, and even confidence. I am thankful to those who have called me strong, or courageous, or brilliant, or kind. These qualities are more important to me than looks will ever be!

In my ideal world we would know people for the kindness of their hearts rather than just looks. The world would be aware of its inhabitants based on their inspiring amount of strength and humbleness.

I look up to countless ordinary people in my life for their strength, and I wish the rest of the universe could see how great they are. I have a desire to meet more strong and inspiring people. I want to know people for their appealing personalities!

I would much rather meet beautiful personalities than beautiful faces. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"dancing past the point of no return"

I do this thing where most of the time I don't care what other people think of me, so I do whatever I want and I say whatever comes into my mind. It can end well, or in regret. Either way, there is no going back. And I'm in the process of learning to LOVE the fact that there is no rewind button. Whatever happens happens, and I'm starting to accept that. Its okay that sometimes I'm an idiot, it's great to be opinionated, and its even better to speak out about how you really feel. There is no going back, so might as well embrace every moment. All of them. The good, the bad, and even the embarrassing.  Ive stopped carrying pieces of my past as a burden because I've recently made the realization that I can't change the past, only how I look at it. Soooooo, Ive decided to start looking at it in the best light possible. I laugh at the moments when my life has screwed me over and I've made dumb mistakes. I've stopped the guilt regarding the words that c...

inside a doubting mind

I have no idea what I want to do with my life.  I thought I had it pretty much figured out, but turns out I don't :))). Plans change, interests change, people change. I had a set idea but now I'm not certain and it drives me insane !!!!! I am terrified of the future and the unknown. I wish I could know what college I'm going to, what I'm going to do later in life, if everything is going to turn out okay... but I don't know. I can't know. There is no way of me knowing yet. The future holds endless possibilities and that is a scary thought. You can be walking on sunshine one minute and fall flat on your butt the next. It stresses me out !! (again with not living in the moment ... ) It brings me anxiety and nervousness. I want to be successful. I want to live a long life. I want to make people proud. I want to change someone else's life. There is no guarantee that any of this will happen. I try to trust that everything is in God's hands, but its h...

failure.

I overwork myself. Because of this, there are consequences. I don't realize these consequences exist until I come face to face with them. I take on more than I can handle because I think I'm some sort of badass super human. (spoiler alert ... I'm not) I pull all-nighters to finish the homework that isn't due until next week. Yes, the satisfaction of finally being finished is amazing, but regret comes at school. I am grumpy. I don't pay attention in class. I am simply not myself. The people around me definitely notice. I tell myself I need to work on my time management to stop the all-nighters which again ... doesn't work out. When my friends have problems I let them come to me. They talk, rant, cry, let out their emotions. I listen, give advice where I can, and try my best to help in any way that I can. I have problems of my own to deal with, but I deal with theirs first. This is probably the cause of my occasional emotional breakdowns. This is no one...