Skip to main content

baby-stepping into the real world

My not so little sis has graduated middle school and is joining me in high school in three short months. It will be a change for all of us. Here is what I wish someone had told me. 

High school.

Welcome. You will have a dramatic, insanely fun, tear jerking experience. Tear jerking in both good and bad ways. You will make new friends, some that you like and some that you pretend to like. You will dislike some teachers and you will call others "mom." You can make the best out of it, or let it suck. Its your choiiicceeeee. 

Try a new sport. Make friends with upperclassmen (even though they will one day leave you and you will cry. a lot.) Be the best version of yourself possible. Don't be afraid to ask for and receive extra help, everyone does it. Stay out of drama and don't make small things a big deal. Live for yourself and no one else. You're perfect and you're worth it and everybody loves you, don't ever forget it. 

Your first two years at this wonderful place will give you friends you feel like you've known forever and memories that you'll never want to forget. It's.... an experience. You'll see what I mean when you get here. Welcome to the so-called best years of your life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"dancing past the point of no return"

I do this thing where most of the time I don't care what other people think of me, so I do whatever I want and I say whatever comes into my mind. It can end well, or in regret. Either way, there is no going back. And I'm in the process of learning to LOVE the fact that there is no rewind button. Whatever happens happens, and I'm starting to accept that. Its okay that sometimes I'm an idiot, it's great to be opinionated, and its even better to speak out about how you really feel. There is no going back, so might as well embrace every moment. All of them. The good, the bad, and even the embarrassing.  Ive stopped carrying pieces of my past as a burden because I've recently made the realization that I can't change the past, only how I look at it. Soooooo, Ive decided to start looking at it in the best light possible. I laugh at the moments when my life has screwed me over and I've made dumb mistakes. I've stopped the guilt regarding the words that c...

inside a doubting mind

I have no idea what I want to do with my life.  I thought I had it pretty much figured out, but turns out I don't :))). Plans change, interests change, people change. I had a set idea but now I'm not certain and it drives me insane !!!!! I am terrified of the future and the unknown. I wish I could know what college I'm going to, what I'm going to do later in life, if everything is going to turn out okay... but I don't know. I can't know. There is no way of me knowing yet. The future holds endless possibilities and that is a scary thought. You can be walking on sunshine one minute and fall flat on your butt the next. It stresses me out !! (again with not living in the moment ... ) It brings me anxiety and nervousness. I want to be successful. I want to live a long life. I want to make people proud. I want to change someone else's life. There is no guarantee that any of this will happen. I try to trust that everything is in God's hands, but its h...

failure.

I overwork myself. Because of this, there are consequences. I don't realize these consequences exist until I come face to face with them. I take on more than I can handle because I think I'm some sort of badass super human. (spoiler alert ... I'm not) I pull all-nighters to finish the homework that isn't due until next week. Yes, the satisfaction of finally being finished is amazing, but regret comes at school. I am grumpy. I don't pay attention in class. I am simply not myself. The people around me definitely notice. I tell myself I need to work on my time management to stop the all-nighters which again ... doesn't work out. When my friends have problems I let them come to me. They talk, rant, cry, let out their emotions. I listen, give advice where I can, and try my best to help in any way that I can. I have problems of my own to deal with, but I deal with theirs first. This is probably the cause of my occasional emotional breakdowns. This is no one...